Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Wine: It's What's For Dinner

Greetings fellow boozebags,

Let's just all agree that wine is swell.  It's great for cooking, you get to use fancy glasses, it's good for your heart (in "moderation", whatever that means), and it's a great gift for people whose personalities you don't care about but you can't show up to their home and eat all their fancy cheese without a little barter.  Is that just me?  I love fancy cheese.  I ain't even sorry.

Anyway, wine.  It's lovely.  Now, I happen to be a broke ass mutha trucker, so the wine I drink usually costs around $6.99 per bottle, maybe $12.99 if I want to impress somebody.  However, I do try to give slightly nicer bottles as gifts around the holiday season (to people I do care about and know them well enough to know they love booze).  **cough** Jaime **cough**.

If you want to give the gift of booze or just get fancy drunk by yourself, here's a great article from the New York Times featuring 20 Autumn Wines for $20.

Go forth, enjoy, and get drunk.

Peace & Vino,
Mel

1 comment: